Providing friendly functions
Sometimes the situations could be unclear: the request for immediate help from Operations Desk seems to be premature, but the events – potentially – may become critical. Moreover, depending on configuration of the post, the security offer may need to leave his working place for a certain time to look around: visit other rooms or promises, check the situation from outside the building, etc. If so, he is required to press ATTENTION button first, then leave the place.
If he does not return in preprogrammed time (5 to 30 min), the system will automatically transmit the alarm voice message:
“OBJECT … (number) ATTENTION!”
to Operations Desk. Hence the officer can be sure that whatever negative happens at the post, he always may expect help from his colleagues.
Whatever the reason, if the system is disconnected from standard electric supply, it will nevertheless use the build-in reserve power source to send the voice message:
“OBJECT … (number) POWER!”
to Operations Desk.
Automatic check of communicating channel used
Regardless of the channel being used at the particular guard post, the system checks its service capability regularly. For this purpose the voice message “OBJECT … (number) TEST!” is sent to a designated phone number. If no such message is given within the preprogrammed time, Operations Desk may have reason to believe that situation at the post is off-nominal and may require emergency actions.
This function is designed for routine usual guarding actions that the most security officers should take during working hours: to check motor vehicles leaving the territory, control the visitors’ identity, ease nature, etc. In many cases it should be done outside the officer’s working place. So before leaving the post he should press STOP button to inform the system. Number of such stops is preprogrammed depending on the specifics of the post. When the “stopping” time is over, the system gives the command CHECK, and the officer is expected to press the appropriate button to inform the program he is back.
The system may check the security officer’s performance in nighttime, on a preprogrammed schedule. This function is fulfilled in the following way:
For example, the officer has 10 night shifts a month. Following the random choice, the system may check his performance during any night shift to see whether he reacts faultlessly. Such check starts at 08:00 pm (this is standard beginning of night shifts) and ends by 05:00 am the next day. If during this time period the officer followed all of the signals properly, the chance to get BONUS is becoming realistic. The appropriate message –
“OBJECT … (number) BONUS!”
is sent to Operations Desk and simultaneously appears on the System Module’s display. Of course, the final decision is taken by the guard company’s managers, but the motivating effect of this function is obvious. .
Functions in brief:
- In critical situations all what the security officer have to do to ask for emergency help is just to press SOS button
- In unclear situation the officer makes himself safe from alerting developments by pressing ATTENTION button
- The system may be stopped for the time needed for ease nature and other similar needs by pressing STOP button
- The system automatically records due performance of the guarding personnel and contributes to improving its discipline by the use of BONUS Function.
The system can be programmed very flexible. Depending on the particular features of the guard post, the following positions are easily modified:
- Choosing between day and night modes
- Setting up the intervals between control signals given
- Defining the number of stops per shift (STOP Function)
- Variable durability of the time period when ATTENTION Function is active
- Choosing between “soft” and “hard” modes of control (combinations of light and sound signals and intervals between them)
- Setting up the intervals for activation of BONUS Function